Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 3.7L V6 Aftermarket cams
View Single Post
post #43 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2013
Prodigalsixer
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare37 View Post
Now this may seem like an odd question but since our variable cam timing on the 3.7l is dependant on the resistance of spring pressures of the valve springs, wouldn't adding overall stiffer valve springs necessary to fight valve float for higher rpm's and more lift substantially change how the TiVCT will behave? Our vct doesn't use oil pressure to change cam timing like a Honda... I haven"t read many posts on the 5.0's with aftermarket cams, but I think they have to use phase limiters in order to prevent fowling pistons into valves and I have no idea how much more complicated that makes the tune.
"Variable Camshaft Timing (VCT) is an automobile variable valve timing technology developed by Ford. It allows for more optimum engine performance, reduced emissions, and increased fuel efficiency compared to engines with fixed camshafts. It uses electronically controlled hydraulic valves that direct high pressure engine oil into the camshaft phaser cavity. "

"Twin Independent Variable Camshaft Timing (Ti-VCT) is the name given by Ford to engines with the ability to vary the camshaft timing of both the intake and exhaust camshafts independently. Despite the name difference, its operation is the same as standard VCT. Unlike the original versions of VCT, which only operated on a single camshaft, Ti-VCT allows the PCM to advance or retard the timing of both the intake and exhaust camshafts independently. "

Base Vehicle- Black 2012 3.7L V6 Premium, Pony Package

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome