Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - I wonder if 1000 hp is possible with the 3.7?
View Single Post
post #30 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2013
randeez11
BOSS Member
S197 Member

As has been said, almost anything is possible. But at what expense ? There is no free lunch with regards to power increases. Personally, if I were contemplating these kind of power levels, I would be looking into getting a bigger motor.My tuner runs a pro mod car with an engine about twice the size of the 3.7 and it makes approximately 3500 hp. But it is only good for 1/4 mile trips, and isnt always able to do that.And at best of times, it still spends more time disassembled on an engine stand, that it ever spends in the car. The old school saying "there is no substitute for cubic inches, except cubic money", still applies. With piston engines, anyways.

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome