Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - How to keep up with 2012 5.0 vs 2013 mustang 5.0 ?
View Single Post
post #31 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2013
randeez11
BOSS Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
i really want my v6 to keep up with the 5.0's, i haven't came across one but i would like to know what it would take to keep up with one .. my current set up is aem cold air intake dynomax vt exhaust and bama 91r tune...im leaning on with long tubes and gearing , what do you guys think ?
Not to be argumentative, but Ill say again. "there is no substitute for cubic inches, except cubic money" A V6 is not a V8. It will never feel or sound like one either, no matter how much money, or modifications you pour into it.

The 3.7 liter Mustang is a great car. But if you are hard set on competing with V8's, you might well be advised to save your money and get what you are looking for.
I drive both. And both are fabulous. The 3.7 V6,is an awesome little powerplant. But it will never rival the 5.0 regardless of what you might read , or hear.
Again, no intention to provoke argument. But it is , what it is .At least, in the real world.

I would suggest to anyone who feels that there are no significant differences between a 3.7, and a 5.0, to drive each of them. Then return to the internet forums to speculate.

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome