Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - This can't be normal with 3.73s.
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2013
powerwhee
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

My auto does not at all feel like I'm getting rear ended but it will do a "clunk" into 1st very rarely.

What is more common is I will feel it "kick" into 2nd when my foot doesn't have enough pressure on the gas. Like I can "feel" the shift when my foot is very light on the throttle. Nothing like your describing though.

It's weird, but I stopped caring about it.

Any performance tuned transmission will exhibit characteristics like this in regular driving. I have driven the Porsche pdk 7 speed, BMW dct 7 speed and the Mercedes Benz 7 speed and they all have this "clunky" sensation when not being ran hard. The Porsche being pretty bad. It will jerk your head back and forth and actually bang into gear at low rpms when it's being run at part throttle and you don't use the tiptronic to control the gears.

When my foot is meeting the floor is when the tranny is at its best. Most "performance tuned" autos are like this.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1st Time at the 1/4 Mile Best E.T out of 4 passes (Without Ported Intake Manifold):
Uncorrected 2500DA [email protected] MPH w/ a 2.17 60".Corrected [email protected] MPH
Ford Racing 4.10 Gears/ Borla S Type Axleback/BBK Chrome Equal Length Shorties/Lethal Performance Catless H Pipe/JLT CAI/Ported Upper and Lower Intake Manifolds/Steeda 91 Octane Tune/ SR Springs

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome