Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 1/4 Mile MPT tune vs. Bama
View Single Post
post #22 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2013 Thread Starter
Blaseleblanc
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Guys, this isn't a thread that should be about bashing one company over the other, so I'd appreciate if we only made mention of the technical aspects. The point is to get the same night information out there and eliminate as many variables as possible. If I did bama one night, then MPT another night, there are a ton of differences that could happen between the days. I'm trying to eliminate DA, temp, track prep, mileage, and driver disposition when comparing these tunes to really get down to the nitty gritty. If I can swap a tune and move .3-.4 seconds off my 1/4 mile, that REALLY says something about the tune itself. Any mods or skill that you guys have that can get better times than me is icing on the cake. I really only care about the difference between the tunes.

The results of this test can only be positive for either company. If bama wins, then it shows that datalogging and contacting the tuner really pays off! If MPT wins, then perhaps bama will try a different approach to tuning our cars that will make the real performance enthusiasts happy, while still maintaining their loyalty.

Either way, I plan on having a phase two of this experiment. I will give both bama and MPT some datalogs of their tunes and see what they can do. Then, I will put them on 100% equal footing and track them same day once more after both tuners had a chance to review datalogs again. If MPT scores a huge advantage without DL's, I can't even imagine how it would run WITH datalogs. We will see.

Current Mods: 19x8.5 Charcoal AMR Rims, Bama Tune 93H, Airaid CAI, FRPP Sport Axle Backs, FRPP 3.73 gears, Boss/CS/GT500 Rear Diffuser, GT500 Rear Spoiler, GT500 Mud Guards, Raxiom Reverse/License LED Lights, OEM Take off Black Charcoal Leather, GT500 Steering Wheel, Auto Headlights, Chrome 3.7 Badges, Quarter Window Louvers, Dark Matter Tint

Future Mods: Matte black GT500 Stripe, Black Billet Grilles, Stillen Front Chin Spoiler, Roush Side Splitters, Painted Mirror Caps

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome