Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - My take on the 2014 v6 auto
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2013 Thread Starter
gmxblazer
Apprentice

My take on the 2014 v6 auto

In the past five weeks I have traded my 13 manual transmission for a 14 automatic. This far I am extremely happy with it. The transmission shifts great and in sport mode leaves a little to be desired but a tune should solve that. I feel like off the line it is quicker even with same gear ratio.
I do not care for select shift as it delays from when I hit the switch to the gear change. I really prefer this transmission over the mt82 though. I did not care for the exhaust stock I drilled holes in the muffler piping and it did nothing. So I installed pype bombs on this car as well and to my suprise it sounds pretty different from the other cars exhaust with it on. More muffled I suppose would be the description. Or maybe after driving my wrx with a down pipe for a little it seems quieter as I have not heard my old cars exhaust in a while.

All in all I really like the automatic transmission a lot. No more guess work. Ford I applaud you on this transmission it is light years better than the aode transmission in the grand marquis I had and 4l60e I had in my old s10

Current mustang
2013 3.7 MT-82:pony package,pype bomb's axleback and that's all for now
Past mustang
2007 4.0 T-5 :Pony package,pypes axleback, afe cold air intake, bama tuned

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome