Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 1/4 Mile MPT tune vs. Bama
View Single Post
post #33 of (permalink) Old 09-28-2013 Thread Starter
Blaseleblanc
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I was able to get 5 runs in with both the bama tune first and then the MPT tune. Needless to say, I was disappointed in my times with both tunes.

I'll post up the full results some time tomorrow when I can sort through everything and voice my experience. The verdict is that MPT is the consistently quicker tune!

MPT Race Performance
60'-2.187
330-5.862
1/8- [email protected] 81.01
1/4- 13.707 @ 101.55

Bama 93H Datalogged
60'- 2.012
330-5.801
1/8-8.888 @ 79.64
1/4- 13.760 @ 100.45

As you can see, I did have a lot of traction problems with the MPT tune off the line. The MPT tune had me spinning about twice the distance of the bama tune, and 2nd gear nearly landed me sideways on the wall. The acceleration with the MPT tune off the line was SO aggressive, I could feel my rear end dipping down. It barked 1-2 and chirped 2-3 shifts. The tune had some problems however. For some reason, MPT was skipping gears. I was WOT and at the 2-3 shift in Drive, the MPT tune shifted me to 4th instead of 3rd. Then it shifted me back down to 3rd once the computer realized what the F was going on. That caused me to run a 14.768 @ 95. This happened to me test driving the tune before heading to the track as well. I was forced to complete the rest of my MPT runs by manually shifting, which worked fine.

The bama tune in contrast seemed to be much more composed and easier to control. Unfortunately, the shifting compared to MPT felt slow and relaxed. I definitely felt more power throughout the entire RPM range with MPT. When the bama tune shifts, it is almost as if power cuts out and then kicks back in slowly. MPT had continuous power flow throughout all the shifts.

Regarding both tunes, I had a ton of shift flaring. This may just be because I swapped the tunes. My car JUST got out the shop from 11-11-11 TSB with brand new solenoids yet it still flares stock or tuned. I'm not quite sure why it's still flaring, but it affected both MPT and bama (bama being affected worse).

Current Mods: 19x8.5 Charcoal AMR Rims, Bama Tune 93H, Airaid CAI, FRPP Sport Axle Backs, FRPP 3.73 gears, Boss/CS/GT500 Rear Diffuser, GT500 Rear Spoiler, GT500 Mud Guards, Raxiom Reverse/License LED Lights, OEM Take off Black Charcoal Leather, GT500 Steering Wheel, Auto Headlights, Chrome 3.7 Badges, Quarter Window Louvers, Dark Matter Tint

Future Mods: Matte black GT500 Stripe, Black Billet Grilles, Stillen Front Chin Spoiler, Roush Side Splitters, Painted Mirror Caps

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome