Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - I wonder if 1000 hp is possible with the 3.7?
View Single Post
post #90 of (permalink) Old 09-29-2013
V6 Cannonballer
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense View Post
I don't see prices dropping on parts or parts coming out that are not already out from someone doing an extreme build. It sells magazines maybe but I'd wager less than 10 people would actually follow through on the same or lesser aggressive goal over then next...3 years. Even 1 year....wouldn't be enough to start cheaper mass production. Maybe a few years from now there will be more of a market starting to open OR, the other way around, the new stuff coming out in 2015 takes the feet out from under the 3.7 and companies focus what little energy they expended on parts for the 3.7 and concentrate on the Ecoboost, later NA engines.
Surprises me they haven't developed the software for grafting an ecoboost crate engine into the Mustang.

More to it than that, I'm sure. Just speaking in a very broad general term here.

Why hasn't the market gone in that direction? You can put the ecoboost 3.5 in classic car projects now.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome