View Single Post
post #26 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2013
powerwhee
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFS197 View Post
My old 2003 GT came with 3.27's, stock. I had every bolt on for that car but the heads, cams and intake were untouched. I only managed 266rwhp and 309rwtq - with the factory tune. I eventually got 4.10's for it and frankly, I wasn't impressed. Which is why I've been so reluctant to get gears for my 2012.
The gears don't effect the torquey 4.6 as much as the high revving 3.7.

Max torque came in around 3000 rpm on your 4.6 right? Ran out of steam around 5800 rpm? You getting to higher rpms quicker wasn't as crucial because your power band was in the midrange. The 3.7 makes its peak power at close to 7k rpm. The gears help put the smaller high revving engine into its powerband much better. The 4.6's powerband is down low and therefore gears won't be as dramatic on a engine like that.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1st Time at the 1/4 Mile Best E.T out of 4 passes (Without Ported Intake Manifold):
Uncorrected 2500DA [email protected] MPH w/ a 2.17 60".Corrected [email protected] MPH
Ford Racing 4.10 Gears/ Borla S Type Axleback/BBK Chrome Equal Length Shorties/Lethal Performance Catless H Pipe/JLT CAI/Ported Upper and Lower Intake Manifolds/Steeda 91 Octane Tune/ SR Springs

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome