Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 2011+ 3.7: 3.55's + Lone Wolf + JLT+ BBK + MPT - INCREDIBLE Combination!
View Single Post
post #39 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2013
Blaseleblanc
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I'm very hesitant to go back to the bama tune after swapping to MPT. The basic MPT race tune just delivers the power so much better than bama, it feels like I could take on any car. I even like the shifting better, despite the bama tune's shift points being set how I told them I wanted them. There's something about MPT's tune compared to bama where you get instant downshifts into the correct gear. Bama's tune always felt like you either had to go WOT or slug around in OD. The way MPT has their tune set up, it always feels like I'm in the appropriate gear for the amount of throttle I'm giving, with no early upshifting so long as I'm still giving throttle.

I emailed mike at MPT to see about some datalogging, but I think I'm going to be sticking with this regardless. Too bad MPT doesn't make personalized plates for their tunes!

Current Mods: 19x8.5 Charcoal AMR Rims, Bama Tune 93H, Airaid CAI, FRPP Sport Axle Backs, FRPP 3.73 gears, Boss/CS/GT500 Rear Diffuser, GT500 Rear Spoiler, GT500 Mud Guards, Raxiom Reverse/License LED Lights, OEM Take off Black Charcoal Leather, GT500 Steering Wheel, Auto Headlights, Chrome 3.7 Badges, Quarter Window Louvers, Dark Matter Tint

Future Mods: Matte black GT500 Stripe, Black Billet Grilles, Stillen Front Chin Spoiler, Roush Side Splitters, Painted Mirror Caps

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome