Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Raxiom Projector Headlights HID Install.
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-05-2013 Thread Starter
BayInstinctz
Apprentice

Raxiom Projector Headlights HID Install.

Sooo I was planning to install my Raxiom Headlights yesterday but ran into an issue. After I had taken off my bumper and everything. Stupid I know. I noticed that I have H13 bulbs instead of H9's that Raxiom requires. Now, my car has an HID kit from the previous owner. I'm assuming I would now have to get an HID kit with H9 bulbs. My fogs are H11's with an HID kit. To try it out, I simply wired the H11's to my headlight ballast and inserted the H11's into the Raxiom housing. Worked perfectly. I figured I'd rather do it the right way so I put it back.

Do you guys have any recommendations on HID kits? I was looking at DDM Tuning's kit.

DDM Tuning 35W and 55W HID Kits

Also used here:

HID Headlight Upgrade Installation | A 3.7L V6 Mustang Owner Resource for Modifications and Repairs

I was also wondering why Raxiom has their own wiring for the headlight. I don't see the purpose. The halos power themselves. I plan to wire them so they work as DRL's. I can also simply just plug in the bulb so I don't see the point for the wiring. Can someone enlighten me? Am I missing anything?

Attached are pictures of the current kits.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	532.4 KB
ID:	273402   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	809.8 KB
ID:	273410  

2011 3.7 Coupe | Ingot Silver | Black Cue Ball Knob | GT500 Spoiler | RTR Rear Valence | Tri-Ax Shifter | 3.73 | BBR Tune | BBK LT Headers | BBK X-Pipe | BBK Throttle | Roush Exhaust | Ford Racing Handling Pack | SVE Lower Arms | Ford Racing Panhard | GT500 Brembo Brakes | JLT Carbon CAI |

2014 5.0 Coupe | Ruby Red | Track Pack | Recaro |

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome