Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - CAI & TUNER Opinions
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2013
mtu245
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

If your looking at getting a tuner with tunes from Steeda or American Muscle Bama, I'd be inclined to say you shouldn't have anything to worry about. You won't be blowing your engine anytime soon.

You also can be potentially causing some warranty issues, but you can always take the tune off before you go to the dealership. I've heard and read lots about how dealerships can still see you were tuned, unless you unplug the battery for such a time, or drive 50 miles, etc etc. I don't know what's true there honestly. I'm not a person who's too concerned with my warranty. I know that when I swap things out it can cause issues, and that's on me if the part causes a failure.

As for what to pick for CAI...this is asked every week. I and most others probably have Airaid. It works well and sounds good. JLT is probably #2 for popularity. Steeda is awesome too, just some people are nervous to buy it at first because its the only "tune required" intake.

2011 Kona Blue MT82 V6 Mustang Pony Package 3:31 Gear Ratio, Interior Upgrade Pkg, Security & Shaker500/Sync
Mods (in order of installed): AM Bama SCT SF3 Tuner w/ 87 Hybrid Tune, Airaid CAI, Hurst Billet Plus 2 Short Throw Shifter, Lethal O/R H Pipe w/ Stock Exhaust, Blacked-Out Tints on Rear Windows, Full Ceramic Tint on Front Windows, Metra Touchscreen Dash Adaptor, Single DIN Head Unit, 6.5'' Component Speakers Fronts, Stock Rear Speakers, 10'' Sealed Subwoofer, 4ch. and 1ch Amplifier. LED licence plate lights, LED interior dome lights, FRPP/Dynamic shocks and struts, SR Performance lowering springs, GT500 Strut Mounts, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR LCA's, BMR Relocation Brackets. Rear Seat Delete.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome