6Bolt
PONY Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandToSea View Post
LOL, actually I had the manual but I do not know which lead to solder to and where to make that connection from the switch to the relay. This is why I posted the 360deg pics so someone could talk to me like they are telling their 10 year old how to do it. I am clueless when it comes to electrical beyond splicing wires and soldering.

I assume based on the schematic that I jump one wire from the switch to contact 30 and the other to contact 87? BUT where do I attach the wire where it will not interfere with normal operation of the low speed fan when the switch is in the open position? Should I solder the wire to the external male terminals of the relay or to some point on the inside of the relay?
Personally I would "piggy back" the fan relay on the high amp side (pins 30 and 87) IE: Directly connect your piggy back relays pins 30 and 87 to the stock relays pin 30 and 87 respectively with some high amp wire (something that will hold on a 40 amp circuit)

Then you can use your piggy back relays pins 86 and 85 to toggle the circuit with no interconnection to the PCM.

DO NOT ATTACH ANYTHING TO THE STOCK RELAYS PINS 86 OR 85 YOU COULD POTENTIALLY DAMAGE YOUR PCM!

On your piggy back relay you would then send 12v positive through a switch to pin 86 with pin 85 attached to ground to turn the fan on at any time regardless of temp.

What this will do is basically create a redundant high amp circuit allowing your stock relay to function as normal and your piggy backed relay to toggle the fan on even when the PCM is off or the temperature sensor does not signal a high enough engine temp to trigger the fan.

Oxford White 2015 Premium GT with 50-Year Pkg | 3.55 Gears | Roush CAI (105mm Velocity tube) | Stainless Works Headers (Jet-Hot ceramic coated), high flow cats, H-Pipe CatBack full 3" with 4" tips| BAMA V2 93 Octane Tune | Baer EradiSpeed-Plus 2-Piece Rotors | JLT 3.0 Oil Separators | FRPP M-20201-M STB | Silver PP Wheels 19x9, 19x9.5 | NITTO G2 255-40-19, 275-40-19 Tires | J&M Jacking Rails & Subframe Alignment Kit | Steeda Subframe Connectors & Bushing Supports | BMR Front Subframe Brace | Cervinis 1232 Functional Ram Air hood | Ford Performance door sills | White Madness Garage Chrome Shifter | Diode Dynamics interior LED conversion stage 1 & XP80 reverse light | 3M Dark Ceramic Tint (25% sides/20% rear) | Lloyds "50 Years" floor and trunk mats...

Performance White 2012 Premium Pony Package | Torsen T2R 4:1 TBR | FRPP 3.73 Gears | GT500 Differential Cover | DSS 3.8" Carbon Fiber DS | Airaid CAI | BAMA 93R tune | Baer DecelaRotors (drilled/slotted) | BMR Adjustable Panhard & Brace | JLT Oil Separator | Boss 302 STB | Nexen N3000 255-45-ZR18Y tires | PP Engine Cover | 25% Tint

All cars should be rated for Smiles Per Gallon!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome