Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Just a litle thought....
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2013 Thread Starter
cerebrix
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liv4spd View Post
Unless the 2015 Mustang GT gets the same MPG as the current V6, I will be able to resist the temptation and keep my 14 V6

As mentioned by others, newer models are often more powerful, and more efficient. Keeping buying new cars is not the best use of the capital. Plus, I don't want to discard all the good mods I have put on my car.
most likely it will

there will be gains for both (were not going to bring up the 4 cyl) with direct injection coming to the table.

I will say though, im actually kind of intrigued with the idea of an ecoboost 4 cyl mustang. one of the cars I have been drooling over lately, is the amg Mercedes cla 45

that thing gets an insane 360hp running more than 26 (im serious) lbs of boost with a 7 speed Mercedes dual clutch tranny.

if ford, svt, and ford racing can collaborate on something like that for around 30k. I might just do it. im serious, and it gets 34 mpg

that's just insane. I REALLY want to see ford step up with that level of engineering. but then again, I also wish ford fielded a formula 1 team. so needless to say, sometimes I want unreasonable things =p

2013 Performance Pack, MCA, Leather Recaro's, NAV
Steeda Cold Air Intake | BBK Throttle Body | Steeda Shifter Bracket | Whiteline Transmission Mount | Magnaflow Street Catback Exhaust | Tuning Super Store Tuned on a Diablosport Intune i1000 | Eibach Sportline Springs | Koni Sport Dampers (Yellow) | Whiteline Lower Control Arms

Team Magnaflow | Team Road Race Motorsports

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome