Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - First Mod Before Winter- CAI/Tune or Catback?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2013 Thread Starter
gfresh6969
Apprentice

First Mod Before Winter- CAI/Tune or Catback?

Hi all,

Just picked up my mustang less than a week ago and already thinking about modding. However, with winter coming in Canada and having to cough up for a good set of winter tires and wheels, I can only do one other major performance mod by the winter. I know the CAI/Tune is a must, but am wondering if it would be better to save it for spring and get the catback for the sound for the winter? I'm still learning driving the manual on the car and getting used to the power. Therefore im leaning towards the catback first and once I get used to the power get the tune combo in the spring.

So would you get the CAI/tune or Catback for the first mod with winter comin up?

2011 V6 6MT, Kona Blue, Premium, heated Saddle leather, 3.31, HID
***Procharged***
Mods: AIRAID CAI, Bama, Magnaflow Street CB, BBK S. Headers, BBK Catted X-Pipe, BBK 73TB, Strut Tower Brace, SR Springs 1.5, Koni STR.T Shocks/Struts, Bumpsteer Kit, Panhard Bar, LCAs, PowerStop Brake Kit, Black MGP Caliper Covers, GT500 Rear Diffuser, Roush Side Splitters, Stillen Front Chin, 30% Tint, LEDs, Black Super Snake Stripes, Polk/Alpine, Audio Control LC7i, RF 10" Sub, 19" Staggered AMRs

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome