Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Engine warm up speed
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2013
bluebyu12
GT Member

interesting.... i started my car up yesterday when i was leaving my car meet, and my buddy in his 2012 5.0 started his up at the same time. We both left together and came up to a light and hes like lets run, and i looked down and my car was still cold and i didnt want to get on it yet, i told him that and he said his needle is in the middle..

now it could of had something to do with my heat being on in the car when i started it, having a lower degree thermostat or my high power procharger fan... but his car was at operating temps a lot faster then mine.

but i do agree with you, making short distance trips is annoying especially with a manual, the car really rives like crap when its cold. it bucks more, and just doest feel as fluid as it does when it is fully warmed up.

Thats why I take my jeep if im just going around the block, it doesnt care if its warm or cold, it just goes like a jeep should

Grabber Blue 2012 V6 6-Speed Procharger P-1SC-1 @ 8psi tuned by Mustang Magic, Tial-Q BOV 3.55 Gears, Spec flywheel, exedy stage-3 clutch, 4in Alum. Driveshaft, Lethal Off-Road X, 12" resonators, 2.5" exhaust all the way back, QTP electric cutouts, GT500 Axlebacks, Barton Shifter, FRPP Strut tower bar, J&M LCA's, Steeda UCA ,CHE adj. panhard bar, FRPP P-Springs...lots of show mods
409/335 on a 98 degree day -- [email protected] - Car has 11's in it!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome