Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Engine warm up speed
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2013 Thread Starter
Liv4spd
PONY Member

Maybe my assumption is wrong, and both V8 and 4 cylinder engines warm up quicker than our V6?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebyu12 View Post
interesting.... i started my car up yesterday when i was leaving my car meet, and my buddy in his 2012 5.0 started his up at the same time. We both left together and came up to a light and hes like lets run, and i looked down and my car was still cold and i didnt want to get on it yet, i told him that and he said his needle is in the middle..

now it could of had something to do with my heat being on in the car when i started it, having a lower degree thermostat or my high power procharger fan... but his car was at operating temps a lot faster then mine.

but i do agree with you, making short distance trips is annoying especially with a manual, the car really rives like crap when its cold. it bucks more, and just doest feel as fluid as it does when it is fully warmed up.

Thats why I take my jeep if im just going around the block, it doesnt care if its warm or cold, it just goes like a jeep should

===
2014 Mustang V6 3.7L 6-spd manual, with MGW shifter, Airaid CAI, BBK shorty headers, Corsa Sport axle back, strut tower brace, JLT oil separator, GT500 differential cover, BG Synchro Shift II gear oil, Redline differential oil.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome