Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - You most likely have no insurance when drag racing.
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2013 Thread Starter
jaja6009
GT Member

I wouldn't consider racing at a sanctioned track reckless. And while I was pretty sure about my auto insurance not covering the car, the surprising thing is that my separate health insurance would not cover a penny either. Im just sharing this for those who do not know.
And regardless of the speed of your car there is always a chance of anyone crashing, whether you into a wall, another car coming into your lane, the track having a wet, oily spot etc.
I have been to the track between 2 cars over 30 times with probably 100+ runs. I have yet to see someone crash. But I am really reconsidering going. Its not so much about the car being covered as it is paid off. Its more about something happening to me. I still have to call my life and accident insurance to see if either of them will cover me too. Its getting to where if nothing is covered I may not be able to justify going to my girlfriend or even to myself.

2005 Ford Mustang GT Torch Red Manual
Saleen Super Shaker 3.4 pulley/Brenspeed Tune
Kooks Longtubes Catted H/FRPP Stingers
Full BMR And Steeda Suspension
FRPP Throttlebody
Dynotech Driveshaft
SOLD!! I have no Mustang at this time!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome