Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Lower control arm brackets
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2013
AMDanBailer
BOSS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D BERRY View Post
I've been on AMs site looking at Whitelines LCA brackets. They were recommended to me by a couple of guys but am wondering about pinion angle after installing these. Some of the feedback says it's a good mod if you've lowered your car and some say they work great with the stock length LCAs. It looks to me the only way the pinion angle wouldn't be affected would be if the hole for the control arm were located a little forward of the stock hole since it's farther from the rear axle. Has anyone here used these brackets with the stock length aftermarket tubular control arms on a stock ride height car.

Dave
I would definitely recommend picking up a set of Lower Control Arms. They will help you squat harder off the line and help a ton with weight transfer. I would also recommend picking up an Upper Control Arm. This can be used to adjust the pinion angle when you lower your car or are running a 1-piece driveshaft! I picked up a half a second in the quarter mile from UCA's, LCA's and a 1-piece aluminum drive shaft. My car gets off the line extremely hard now and has absolutely no wheel hop!

I hope this helps. Hit me up if you have any questions or need some assistance. You can also hit up my CS team a call if need be. They can be reached at the contact information in my signature!

-Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandToSea View Post
Whiteline may not be the best choice. Did you search "Whiteline LCA" here?
Whiteline did have a couple of issues with their control arms when they first came out, there's no denying that! However, I think they handled the issue very well and made sure all of their customers were taken care of. With Safety and Function being first on their mind, they recalled all inventory and completely revamped the Whiteline line of products! I can't say to much just yet but I'm going to leak a photo for you guys.

Here's a photo of the new Whiteline Upper Control arm that's coming out. The welds are insane, better/bigger bushings, three times as thick as the original design! You be the judge, Let me know what you think..

-Dan

Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome