Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - air intake recommendations please
View Single Post
post #44 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2013
cerebrix
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mstrickland1988 View Post
Great post Cerebrix. If I didn't already have an Airaid I would probably buy that intake. I've been on a kick or trying to support whatever products are made here in the USA that aren't prohibitively expensive on my very modest budget. That tubing looks like it would provide more intake burble than my Airaid, and the Airaid was a pain to wedge in there which may be an issue some point down the road.

Stupid question though; why use metal tubing in a (very) hot engine bay when plastic is a much worse thermal conductor?
the ait's while running are the same. air charge cools the intake down to on average 1 degree below ambient (so with margin for error ambient), within a minute or so.

lets be honest, more than anything else, over the stock intake they are noisemakers. and to my ears, my car sounds better with the metal tube vs the roto molded tube I tried when I put an airraid on my car.

2013 Performance Pack, MCA, Leather Recaro's, NAV
Steeda Cold Air Intake | BBK Throttle Body | Steeda Shifter Bracket | Whiteline Transmission Mount | Magnaflow Street Catback Exhaust | Tuning Super Store Tuned on a Diablosport Intune i1000 | Eibach Sportline Springs | Koni Sport Dampers (Yellow) | Whiteline Lower Control Arms

Team Magnaflow | Team Road Race Motorsports

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome