Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Low tire pressure warning
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-18-2013
Fabulozzz
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by z928 View Post
I see. Whenever you lose some psi- Does it triggers the "low tire pressure" warning on the dash? I guess its normal to lose air pressure over time?

I only can bring my car on a Saturday Morning to a tire shop as over here- Friday- most business are close. I wonder if its ok to drive around a bit tomorrow with the "low tire pressure" warning on the dash? My car is nitrogen filled from the factory. Tires looks OK.
i got the LOW TIRE PRESSURE message last week, turns out i had a screw in my right rear tire and it was leaking air slowly. BTW, don't wait for the warning message, my deflating tire was down to 20 psi when i got the warning from the TPMS. Not knowing what was wrong, i inflated the tire and checked it again a few days later.... down to 24 psi and no warning.

So my guess is that the TPMS warns the driver at around 20psi, wich is way too low already. Tire pressure must be checked regularly for safety

Canadian 2012 V6, MT, Perf.White Pony Package (3.31 gears). Koni Sport Shocks & Struts. Steeda Sport Springs w/HD Mounts, Route 66 SpeedShop 55D rear spring kit. Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace. BMR Adj PHB. BFG G-Force Sport Comp2. Pioneer TS-D6802R Front SPeakers, Clarion 80W/Ch Amp. JL Audio 8 Inch Sub And 175W Amp. GT500 Steering Wheel. 2012+ Tilting Headrests

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome