Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Looking to get headers on 3.7
View Single Post
post #21 of (permalink) Old 10-18-2013 Thread Starter
Shoot em UP
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by StangFan25 View Post
Sorry but that's just B.S.! Shorties are definitely worth it, they offer decent gains and torque. What was the BAMA reps name, so I can make sure not to deal with that person!
Lol, wish I knew his name. Honestly, if they do make a difference, should there be a difference in the tune? I did read somewhere that someone was dataloging his car for a Steeda tune I believe and they did notice a difference and accounted for it in the new tune. Should I expect BAMA to write a modified tune even though they seem to think it is unnecessary? From what I remember, the post talked about the shorties creating the car to run leaner up at higher revs, but honestly I don't remember. And I don't think I will be able to convince BAMA to put shorties on a car and go test it out for me.. lol

Also, I run a 91 race tune, should I ask for a hybrid tune? I feel the race tune had better throttle response and power than street, so why would I want a mix of the two? I know I can always try it out and swap back, but does anyone have any input as how they actually differ real world, as in how they feel comparatively?

JLT CAI -- 73mm BBK TB -- Lone Wolf Ported Manifolds -- BBK Ceramic Shorties -- Borla ATAK Axle Back -- AM Short Throw -- 3.73 Rear -- DSS Aluminum DS -- Barton Shifter Bracket -- MPT 91 Tune -- Koni Yellow's -- J&M CC Plates -- SR Springs -- Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace -- BMR LCA's and Relo's -- HTRZ III 235/55-17 -- JLT Oil Seperator -- Billlet Grille -- GT500 Rear Diffuser -- Blue on Black Cue Ball Shifter Knob

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome