Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - What to expect when you're expecting (gears)
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-18-2013 Thread Starter
MagnumForceGB
Apprentice

What to expect when you're expecting (gears)

Finally took a break from upgrading the Camaro and ordered 3.73's for the Mustang since the 2.73's are terrible. Floor the gas from a standstill and it feels slow, think our Mazda CX-5 accelerates to 4000 RPM's faster. I have an installer ready that will charge $180 for the install since I will have all the parts, he was highly recommended from other drag racers.

Now the questions, what kind of acceleration can I expect? I will be doing the break-in since I can do 4 cooldowns per day so how much time should I give my wife to get used to launching before we go yoto the track? How will the 235/50-R18 All-season tires hold up now? Before I had to do a brake stand to spin them.

Finally, why do Camaro V6 owners talk so much crap about Mustangs but won't race my wife's Mustang?

Wife = 2012 Mustang V6 Premium Grabber Blue BBK CAI, BBK LT w/ HFC, Borla ATAK, MPT Tune, DSS Driveshaft, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BMR LCA's | Best = 13.5 @ 105
Husband = 2010 Camaro V6 Synergy Green Edition IPF Supercharger Best = 12.5 @ 111
Closest finish @ the line = Wife by 0.0028 seconds (4.79 inches)

Also own a 2014 Mustang GT Premium, Brembo Package, 401A, Comfort Package, Shaker Pro System, Pedestal Spoiler

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome