Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - "It Doesn't Look Like a Mustang!"
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-20-2013 Thread Starter
Old5Oh
PONY Member

"It Doesn't Look Like a Mustang!"

Seems this is the rallying cry for those folks complaining about the spy photos that look anything like the Evos concept. I agree, it doesn't look like an old Mustang. But why is that bad?

We have had this "retro" generation since 2005, and that's been fine, but it's the first time EVER that a new Mustang looked like an old Mustang. Let me be a little more blunt.

Many of us on this forum own Fox bodies. I want you to tell me ONE THING about a Fox Mustang that looks anything like any other Mustang generation, ever. Think about it. When the Fox came out for the '79 model year it featured marvels like door window frames, strut front suspension, a really screwy rear suspension designed to save Ford money, FOUR-lug wheels, door handles mounted near the floor, box-on-box styling, no Mustang grill, square headlights, no performance model (the Turbo 4 with 140 HP hardly counted) . . . . shall I go on? And yet no one screamed "It doesn't look like a Mustang II!" Indeed, it didn't. But it sold like hotcakes, and turned out to be a pretty memorable generation, to say the least. No arguing with a 14-year run.

So lighten up, already! Maybe the best Mustangs ever are going to have Fusion grills. I think I can learn to love that. Assuming they are the best Mustangs ever.

'15 GT Oxford White, Redline Premier leather, AT, navigation, reverse sensing, 18" Foundry wheels
'94 GT 5 spd, Explorer heads, shorties, Bullit suspension, O/R H-pipe, Flowmasters, FR500 wheels, 12 years of effort

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome