Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Finally Dynoed my car!
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-21-2013
cerebrix
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the5 View Post
Maybe once to the drag strip, I like road racing alot more.
ok im going to say something here because I really really want you to like your car.

do your absolute best to just acknowledge your car as a super fun street and strip car. do whatever it takes to convince yourself of that.

that does not mean you shouldn't hit the road course. its what I prefer to do most. its also where the lions share of my track time has been spent over the last 2 years.

the reason im mentioning this here, is because I don't want to see you go though what ive seen a few friends go through with auto's. that being, you jumping down a black hole of chassis work trying to make that auto squirt out of corners, and go into corners, or carry speed through turns, the way only a manual car can.

also you really need to acknowledge a dual clutch transmission car is not equal to (in any way shape or form) and automatic on track.

again, I realize this sounds harsh. but ive had 2 friends now dump 6-7 k into their cars, only to sell them, go upside down on both the car and mods only to start all over again just to get a manual (in many cases, tranny swaps are cost prohibitive for most.

I just want you to love that car man. so take my advice under consideration. that's all I ask. I think you'll continue to love that car 2 years down the road if you do.

2013 Performance Pack, MCA, Leather Recaro's, NAV
Steeda Cold Air Intake | BBK Throttle Body | Steeda Shifter Bracket | Whiteline Transmission Mount | Magnaflow Street Catback Exhaust | Tuning Super Store Tuned on a Diablosport Intune i1000 | Eibach Sportline Springs | Koni Sport Dampers (Yellow) | Whiteline Lower Control Arms

Team Magnaflow | Team Road Race Motorsports

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome