Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - "It Doesn't Look Like a Mustang!"
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 10-25-2013
cerebrix
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Manystangs View Post
I'd agree...all it takes is one look at that new Jaguar, also why can't Ford have two sports cars? Keep the "retro" design and newer rolled out as another classic name "Cougar?", how about another T bird?

Personally I'm looking more and more at that new Scion..small, quick, tuned, great revving mpg 4 banger, 6spd and best of all it's around 25K...tons of parts coming for it? Sounds more like a Mustang than the Mustang, not to mention I'll bet the new Stang will look eerily like it...just bigger, just like 94 when everyone thought "oh no, it's a Celica"...nothing ever changes folks
its a simple matter of, nobody was hardly buying the 2011+. not in the numbers they needed to to support an entire factory to it. especially with milennials. they just weren't interested in the retro look.

theyre a business, they need to turn a profit. the simple fact of the matter is, if the majority of people out there wanted the retro look mustang, they would have bought one instead of genesis coupes, Camaros, and brz's

2013 Performance Pack, MCA, Leather Recaro's, NAV
Steeda Cold Air Intake | BBK Throttle Body | Steeda Shifter Bracket | Whiteline Transmission Mount | Magnaflow Street Catback Exhaust | Tuning Super Store Tuned on a Diablosport Intune i1000 | Eibach Sportline Springs | Koni Sport Dampers (Yellow) | Whiteline Lower Control Arms

Team Magnaflow | Team Road Race Motorsports

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome