Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Cold weather with a manual <acronym title="transmission">trans</acronym>
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-27-2013
Liv4spd
PONY Member

I am further north in MD, and my car's transmission feels OK. I have a 2014 V6 manual with just 2000 miles. But I did two things to my MT-82 (see below):

1) MGW shifter
2) BG Syncro Shift II transmission fluid

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrhance View Post
Here in east TN, the weather has dropped down into the high 20s-30F early in the morning. Every manual transmission I've owned is always a little bitchy in the cold, but this MT-82 is so difficult to work with before it's up to temp 15-20 minutes down the road. Have you guys that live in colder areas switched trans fluid or are you still running the stock fluid?

My car is 7 months old now with 19k miles. The shift from 1st to 2nd feels absolutely awful, and 2nd to 3rd often hangs up halfway through. I've resorted to double clutching full time now as I can't stand how it feels. Should I look into different fluid? I don't feel like there is anything wrong with the car, just not happy with the shifting feel.

===
2014 Mustang V6 3.7L 6-spd manual, with MGW shifter, Airaid CAI, BBK shorty headers, Corsa Sport axle back, strut tower brace, JLT oil separator, GT500 differential cover, BG Synchro Shift II gear oil, Redline differential oil.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome