Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Cold weather with a manual <acronym title="transmission">trans</acronym>
View Single Post
post #23 of (permalink) Old 10-28-2013 Thread Starter
johnrhance
Apprentice

Yeah I drive 40 miles each way to work 5-6 days per week. That's why I bought this car, great fuel economy and fun to drive at the same time. Like I said, I'm used to manual transmissions and I realize they are stubborn in the cold weather. My problem with this gearbox is that its performance isn't acceptable for a brand new car. I would understand if the car had ten winters or 100k and it shifted a little strange, but it hasn't even been through a cold month yet so I'm worried about the future. I'm always easy on the car until the cylinder head temp is >190F and oil temps are normal, which is usually 10-15 minutes in the mornings. I talked to the Ford dealer near my office this afternoon. They were no help of course. The parts guy had never heard of it, and said it wasn't listed for him to purchase. And if he did purchase any, I would have to buy the case. I am not particularly fond of that dealer, so I will try my usual guys in Knoxville at Lance Cunningham Ford. They are a much larger dealer so maybe they will know something.

Airaid CAI, Roush axle-backs, Roush high flow upper grill, Raxiom Smoked Projector HIDs

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome