Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Does this only happen to me??
View Single Post
post #19 of (permalink) Old 11-10-2013
randeez11
BOSS Member
S197 Member

I have been driving performance cars for many years. Ive always gotten challenges to show what my car can do from many other drivers. And yes many of them are sitting in Honda Civics, Toyotas, Neons,mini vans and the like. You have to remember that many of these people drive everyday cars, and have everyday experience. Bottom line. They want to see your car go. More than likely, watching you smoke the tires is the closest they will ever come to having any interaction with a performance car, as many of them are unable to accommodate that into their chosen lifestyle.
When you drive a Mustang, you are often seen as someone who drives a car for fun. As most cars are just that, vehicles used for transportation only from pint A to point B, people often dream about what it may be like to be able to drive a car for other than just transportation purposes.
When I drive my GT with the Procharger, I like to think of it as a "shark in a minnow tank" analogy. And my V6 Mustang, especially since I decided to add a few mods, rivals that position.
So drive your Mustang, and enjoy it. And enjoy the attention.

As cars go, we are definitely in a minority. And personally, that's the way I like it.

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome