Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Exhaust question
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-10-2013 Thread Starter
GhostStang14
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr View Post
It will be a cut and weld operation to install a GT or GT500 exhaust on the V6 car since the pipe size is different.

And the quad tip GT500 mufflers sound soft on a GT, bound to be even softer on a V6.
i didn't see that mentioned on AM with their GT500 lip and muffler kit. unless i missed it. im not sure if i like the raspy poping at the end would like to mellow that out but still have the loud sound it has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelloStang2010 View Post
If you are set on the quad tips, get the valence and either get something like the magnaflow quad muffler deletes for the gt500, which should give you a similar sound to when you pulled off the stock mufflers. However, as stated above there would have to be some modifying of some kind to get the mufflers to fit with the over the axle pipes since gt500 stuff has 3 inch diameter pipes. The other option is get the valence and see if a muffler shop could make a quad tip exhaust for you which might be the more cost effective route to go.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
the valence part is no problem since i work at a dealer i can get that half the price. from what you both have said i guess i need to measure the pipe, it looked to be 3 inch to me. not going the muffle shop route i did that with my last 2 cars and with DD's they rust out and fall off.

but thanks for the info.

2015 Senior Master Ford Technician
WMR#1037

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome