Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Exhaust question
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2013 Thread Starter
GhostStang14
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr View Post
That kit on A/M is listed for GT's not V6's.

The V6 has 2.25" pipes, the GT/GT500 has 2.75".

And the cut and weld sure shouldn't rust out, the oem pipe material is 409 SS, so if you cut the ends off the oem V6 muffler pipes and weld them onto the GT500 mufflers, the only possible rust would be in the welds if the muffler shop uses mild steel filler wire in their welder, and you could coat the welds with cold galvanizing compound or some other rust preventative.

Up to you, only other thing to do is buy something specifically made for the V6 car.
_
it is listed for the V6 that's where I had found it. I measured the pipe and it is 2.25", did think about getting the GT cat back pipes, but im guessing they are solid 2.75" at that point as well. other thought was doing that and getting a step up pipe to that size and some used GT pipes. didn't think of cutting the muffler pipes, but I think id like to have that for if I ever think of selling the mustang, though I don't think I will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Express View Post
Magnaflow makes a Quad tip for the V6, not a true muffler delete but it does seem to get rid of the Raspiness Magnaflow Competition Quad Tip Mustang Axle-back Exhaust 15076 (11-12 V6) - Free Shipping 15076
mines a 14' and I like the look but im not sure if they would work. also wanted black tips.

2015 Senior Master Ford Technician
WMR#1037

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome