Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Battery Connector Corrosion
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2013 Thread Starter
TalonFyre
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by racin366 View Post
Baking soda works, so does coca cola actually, it does a very good job cleaning terminals. As Ken said get the felt washers, and/or some terminal treatment. It comes in a small spray can and is like a heavy paint, works well to keep the terminals clean for a long time.

Seems like a lot of corrosion for a car not very old, how does everything else under the hood look?
I couldn't find any other signs of corrosion/rust. I'm in southern California, so this kind of stuff isn't typically a huge problem. I was pretty surprised when I saw it...I've never seen it so bad on my previous cars.

The only thing I can think of is since the battery is near the back edge of the hood, water got in during a rainstorm or car wash and just sat there inside the rubber cover. Oh...and maybe not bothering to check it for 3 years.

In any case, I think these epoxy-coated terminals and this spray you mentioned are in my near future.

I gotta say though, I'm pretty proud of my DIY terminal...but yea, I know the slightest bit of corrosion is going to destroy it immediately. And I really don't want to deal with that again...that stuff was just SO NASTY.

2011 Mustang V6 MCA PP Manual

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome