Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - New '14 Base V6 - Suggestions for upgrading interior?
View Single Post
post #25 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2013
percy072
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverVengeance View Post
if you don't mind me asking, how much did you're head unit set up cost you? You can PM about it if you'd like. And the back-up camera(is that a kenwood unit?) was separate from the clarion unit? I'd also be interested in how you did that/what the cost ran.
At the time that H/U was $850 and the bezel surround was $250. Head units range from $250-$1500 depending on the the manufacturer, screen size, options etc... The camera is a clarion that displays distance markers mounted to a clarion license plate frame with integrated LED lights. Together was approx. $120, I installed myself, it just plugs into the head unit but had to run wiring from trunk to behind the head unit and tap into the reverse lights. Lots of options out there. There are also Head units with voice control but don't know how well they work...and are usually are more $$$. Also, the base car has no amplifiers so your limited to the output of the head unit (can be anywhere from 20-40 peak watts x's 4 channels) if you want to get amplified incl. replacement speakers, subs etc. it will get pricey real quick. So far I'm north of $3000 on my entire set up but hey...it's only money, and I like my music LOUD and clear . A good audio tech can help alot to build within a wish list and budget, but def. go with quality components or you'll regret later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by z928 View Post
I'm really interested in these. does it affect the volume button on the sterring wheel?
My car does not have steering wheel audio controls (just cruise) but there are wiring harness's that will interface with the steering wheel controls to allow control of the head unit. I don't know how/ if it affects SYNC (I don't have that option in my car either)

Amazon.com: Scosche SWCJACK Steering Wheel Control Interface for JVC, Alpine, Clarion, Kenwood: Car Electronics

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome