Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 1994 GT Aftermarket head unit install / MACH 460 questions
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2013 Thread Starter
evil pyro
Rookie

1994 GT Aftermarket head unit install / MACH 460 questions

Hey All,

I got my kid a 1994 GT, that had no radio at all. It is a MACH460 system.
Well he's driven long enough now I think I can trust him to have tunes. So for Christmas I got him a JVC KDR740BT, not super high end I know, but it does have Blue tooth capable, IPOD connection, 2 pre amp outs, 50 watts per channel! (NO DVD/video for him just yet!!)

Anyway the problem, As I stated it had no radio, but the factory plugs are still intact though.
Questions:
1. I'm assuming from the factory it had an amp under the head unit???
2. And I'm assuming the 2 (two) amps under the package tray are for the rear speakers??
3. IF the speakers are still good, AND the rear amps are okay.....which METRA adapter should I use, to allow the factory amps?
4. Will I need to get the adapter to adjust the line levels from the aftermarket head unit?
5. Or will 1 of the preamp outs work instead?? I will be adding a powered sub at some point.

I do realize this is probably a "beaten horse" but my searches are coming up short for the info I want! So thank you ahead of time for any assistance you can give.

P.S. I do have a PPI PAR226 and DEQ210 along with a Flat panel PPI Super 10" (500watts)woofer that will eventually go in as well!! For you "old school" stereo guys / gals!!

1994 GT 5.0 All Black in and out

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome