1994 GT Aftermarket head unit install / MACH 460 questions
I got my kid a 1994 GT, that had no radio at all. It is a MACH460 system.
Well he's driven long enough now I think I can trust him to have tunes. So for Christmas I got him a JVC KDR740BT, not super high end I know, but it does have Blue tooth capable, IPOD connection, 2 pre amp outs, 50 watts per channel! (NO DVD/video for him just yet!!)
Anyway the problem, As I stated it had no radio, but the factory plugs are still intact though.
1. I'm assuming from the factory it had an amp under the head unit???
2. And I'm assuming the 2 (two) amps under the package tray are for the rear speakers??
3. IF the speakers are still good, AND the rear amps are okay.....which METRA adapter should I use, to allow the factory amps?
4. Will I need to get the adapter to adjust the line levels from the aftermarket head unit?
5. Or will 1 of the preamp outs work instead?? I will be adding a powered sub at some point.
I do realize this is probably a "beaten horse" but my searches are coming up short for the info I want! So thank you ahead of time for any assistance you can give.
P.S. I do have a PPI PAR226 and DEQ210 along with a Flat panel PPI Super 10" (500watts)woofer that will eventually go in as well!! For you "old school" stereo guys / gals!!
1994 GT 5.0 All Black in and out