Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - "The Always Off Topic Gang"
View Single Post
Waxed'05 GT
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Waxed'05 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
I believe our braided hose stuff is stainless steel. It looks bright like chrome, but also like silver. It will probably tarnish somewhat with age. When we come over Saturday check out both our cars.

Going with WB for the valve covers may make the chrome turbo stand out more.

How long for the powder coating? For $90 I'm interested unless I can find someone near me around that price. I haven't looked into it as I'm waiting until April to do my mods. I might need help getting the valve covers off too as my mechanical abilities around the engine are limited. Better to have someone who has done it supervise.
He said the turn around time is ~1 week, so it looks as though the car most likely will not be driveable this weekend.
You really don't have to have much mech. ability to turn a ratchet. Worst part for me is that I have back pain when bending over the engine.

I'm not sure how WB powder coat will look, so I guess I'll make up my mind when I drop them off - Stoenr's look nice in chrome.

I wouldn't mind helping with the valve covers sometime.

KJ just replied RE Heads - They'll be a snap to take off when I do the cams (his words were they lift off the motor while still in the car).
I just hope the heads come down in price before I get that far. (1-2 years probably)

'97 Cobra Vert - sold
'06 GT Sold 6/2010
Current: '06 F-250 Diesel, '10 CR-V, '11 Civic (Lease)

Ordered 12/12/12 Built 1/25/13 dealer received 1/30/13
2014 GHIG V6 Stick w/Perf. Pkg

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome