Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - New headunit with Mach 460
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-26-2013
evil pyro
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwenner17 View Post
Hey guys, I have a 1999 mustang gt convertible. I just picked up the new pioneer avh-7500bt and I'm trying to wire it up. I have been doing a lot of research and it looks like I need the metra 70-5510 wiring harness so I can use the factory amps. But it looks like people have been having a pop sound upon the start up of the car being the amps are rated at 5 volts and the radio gives out 12 on start up. Is there anything I can do to prevent this and do if the right way?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I copied this from a different post, I'm thinking of the METRA wiring adaptor but may do this it seems to have been successful!! Hope this helps!!!

How to install an aftermarket deck while utilizing the stock Mach 460 Amps & Speakers

*The aftermarket deck I am using this adapter with is a Sony CDX-MP40.

How to install an aftermarket deck while utilizing the stock Mach 460 Amps & Speakers. This install took me about 1 hour start to finish. If you take your time and do it right it's not that difficult at all.

Note: This install may not work at all on '03 - '04 models due to a change in the deck and amp interface. 2003 & up models may need a FDK9 car stereo wiring harness.

#1 - You will need a SCOSCHE OEA-4 FACTORY AMP INTERFACE ADAPTER w/OEA-4 HARNESS. A SCOSCHE FAI-3A will also work in most cases.

#2 - You will need a 5 Volt Fixed Voltage Regulator (Radio Shack #276-1770) to eliminate amplifier pop when you turn the system on. You will install this between the deck and the scosche adapter on the Amp REM Wire (Amp Remote Turn-on wire it's usually blue or blue/white - some brands may vary) Why: Because the Ford Mach deck in most cases uses a 5V amp signaling voltage to turn on the amps and most the aftermarket decks use a 12V amp signaling voltage and that will cause that annoying pop when you turn on the deck.

#3 - You will need to properly adjust the output level gain controls after the install to get it to sound right. This is an important step, so take your time and do it right. Note: There will not be a great deal of room to work with inside that dash recess after installing the scosche adapter+deck. So, becareful and don't just force it back when mounting the deck+adapter.

1994 GT 5.0 All Black in and out

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome