Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Bluetooth audio text/metadata displaying
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-26-2013
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto2000 View Post
I know this as been discussed before, but I figured I would ask again since its been a while since I have heard any updates.

As anyone been able to get the bluetooth audio text to dislay from their phones instead of "Bluetooth Audio Streaming" displayed on their head units?

I know that it is not an issue with our phones, but most likely sync itself. It is a bit frustrating because ever since I got my 2013 model, ford has not released a single update to sync. So much for "regular updates"

Thanks in advance guys
Hi moto2000,

I can confirm that the basic SYNC systems are not capable of showing information on the screen while connecting via Bluetooth audio. You may hear of some Ford vehicles allowing Bluetooth song information to appear on the screen; however, this is a phone dependent feature through MyFord Touch systems.

Although I am unable to speculate on future SYNC updates, I can suggest checking here periodically to stay informed: Welcome to SYNC Owner to Owner!

Kim

FORD IN-VEHICLE TECHNOLOGY TEAM

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordMustang @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordMustang facebook.com/Ford

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome