Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Which Part Number Airaid intake is best
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2014 Thread Starter
markag
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Which Part Number Airaid intake is best

I'm trying to choose between a few different Airade intakes for my mustang. I've got a 2008 GT 4.6L. I'm looking at performance parts.com and they have several different airaid intakes listed that would fit my car. I'm trying to figure out which one is the best to go with.

I have to go with them because I have a gift card through them.

Based on American Muscles website, there is a "race" version and a regular "no tune required" version of the intake. I have a tuner already, and want the one that will give me the most power. Unfortunately, performanceparts.com lists them by part number, and the descriptions aren't as good.

Airaid 450-304 Intake (MXP) (oiled)
Airaid 450-304 Intake System - Performance Parts
-100mm MAF housing w/ 4.25" intake tube
-1300 CFM washable filter
-Not legal in california or other states

Airaid 450-172 Intake
Airaid 450-172 Intake System - Performance Parts
-No mention of MAF diameter or tube diameter
-Claims 400CFM more then stock

It appears they also have non-oiled versions of each. Don't know if oiled is better then non-oiled.

I'm thinking the MXP -304 intake system is the one to go with. I'm thinking that correlates to the "Race" system that american muscle sells. I just want to confirm before I order one. Does anyone with the "Race" intake from american muscle know what the airaid part number is for the intake?

2008 Mustang GT Deluxe, Black, Manual Transmission, Black Cloth Interior
Show: Katzkin Leather Interior, Matte Black 10" Stripes, NXT Step Performance Axlebacks, Pypes M80 Mufflers (mid mounted), CDC Sequential Tail Lights, 14" Shorty Antenna, Ford OEM Plenum Cover, Ford Semigloss Black Painted Valve Covers, Leather Wrapped OEM Steering Wheel
Go: Airaid Race CAI, BAMA Tune, J&M Lower Control Arms, JLT Oil Separator
Coming Soon: Motive 4.10 gears

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome