Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - MT-82 Transmission Additive Update
View Single Post
2013fiveo
Rookie

Amsoil to stock fluid and xl-18

I swapped my fluid to Amsoil MTG about 3 months ago in hopes of improved shifting. It was never that bad but I read so many positive threads I thought I'd give it a try. I didn't notice much difference except slightly smoother shifting that lasted about a month before I started getting a buzzing noise at around 2800 rmp in 1st thru 4th (not the normal low speed blender noise). Almost like the buzz sound you get if rest too much weight on the shifter.

Two days ago I changed it back to the Motorcraft dual clutch and XL-18. It shifts noticeably better and the buzzing has been reduced a little but still there.

Anyone know what the buzzing could be? It's not really loud but it's there. I have the barton and steeda bushing btw.

Any feedback is appreciated.

2013 GT 6MT,3.31s,Brembo Pckg
Mods:AED Tune,Boss 302 IM,BBK 85mm TB,Kooks Shorty Headers,Alum 1pcDS,Hotchkis SF Connectors,Roush Axlebacks,Barton Shifter,SR Clutch Line,Boss Oil-TransCoolers,SVT Fan,Steeda Springs/LCAs/UCA/Shifter Brkt/Motor Mounts,LCA Relo Brks, Koni Shocks/Struts,GT500 Strut Mnts,JLT OilSep,Hood Struts,GT500 Spoiler,Taillight Trim/Louvers/Headlight Splitters,Raxiom Nav Sys,OEM Leather seats,MT Strt Comps on black AMRs,MT ET Strt Radial IIs on Bullits(track).

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome