Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Good picture of the door sub.
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 01-12-2014
ace72ace
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Yeah there have been a few threads over on TMS about the iDatalink setup, I know I'm gonna love it. Add the fact you can get PSI from ALL FOUR WHEELs individually, not just an idiot light is great. I'm ALWAYS having to fill one of my P-Zero tires and playing the guessing game - which one is it... got old fast.

I thought about some of the other brands mentioned that fit the 8" opening in our doors, but I've been really impressed with the quality of Dayton speakers I get from parts-express. I replaced the small-ish Yamaha 8" powered sub I got for my home theater system, with 2x Dayton 10" powered subs. Another member on TMS has these installed in his Mustang and the do fit once your soften up the enclosure plastic with a heat gun.

Here's the tweeter install pix, very pleased that the included mounting plastic was a perfect match for the driver's and passenger side trim piece. I'll create my own full thread once I finish up the lining the inner door skins and trip panels with GT-Mat, mount the 6.5"s, and get the woofers in. I'm hoping my 2nd bet I made at Caesar's while on vacation hits (Pats to win SB) as I already hit my season wins over 11... This will pay for my Kenwood head unit!

Passengers side has no existing opening, so you have to drill a pilot hole for the 2" hole saw, but after that the procedure is the same. After drilling out the big hole you dress the rough edges with a file to smooth out the rough edges, and use the supplied Infinity mounting hardware.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome