Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Raxiom Navigation Unit for 11-14 Mustangs...
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2014 Thread Starter
blkandgud
PONY Member

Raxiom Navigation Unit for 11-14 Mustangs...

Raxiom OE-Style GPS Navigation w/ Bluetooth & Back-up Camera 100300 (10-14 All) - Free Shipping

Does anyone have this unit installed? I've seen videos of it online and it looks pretty solid. It's the only NAV screen that actually looks close to factory. I heard it retains all elements of SYNC and the radio functions too, which is great. I have a few questions though.

1) How is the quality of the unit? Is it fast or does it lag a lot?

2) Are the maps pretty much up to date or are they drastically out of date? The reason why I didn't care for the factory nav was that it was already 2 years out of date when i bought my car, and it costs about $300 bucks to update. My iPhone does these updates for free.

3) Are the turn by turn directions really bad like they are on the non-NAV sync cars? Example, if you go off the planned route, do you have to dial up SYNC again to get back on track? Or does it automatically recalculate?

4) Does it have any other fancy features? Like nearest gas station? Weather? Or is it basically just like the non-NAV Sync cars?

5) Can you add custom pictures to the background screen? Or are you stuck with those few options?

6) If I have a preexisting rear-view camera in my mirror, is it not worth it to hook up the camera for the NAV screen? I actually kinda prefer the rear view mirror now.

Sorry for all the questions. Seems lengthy, but if all things check out, I'd def like to purchase this.

Thanks!

2012 Mustang GT Premium
BLACK on BLACK 401A. A6, HIDs, Security, Rear Camera+Reverse Sensing, Remote Start, Comfort.
-Roush Axle-backs
(Planning on CAI/Tune then I'll be good)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome