Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Raxiom Navigation Unit for 11-14 Mustangs...
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2014
JediDave
PONY Member

Garage
blkandgud:

I've owned this product since November and I can assure you that it's a very high quality (not cheaply made) product that has awesome fit and finish and flawless operation. The installation takes some time if one wants to do it right. The unit retains all the factory/sync/Sirius, and steering wheel controls. The back-up camera is of high quality and the GPS satellite connection is flawless. The navigation works like its designed, and the 7 inch screen is HD, with AV in. I purchased an automobile power inverter (Radio Shack $30.00) along with a portable Craig DVD player (Kroger's $15.00) and play movies on the Nav screen. Since the Nav screen is near 720P the picture looks and plays smoothly with no stuttering. Additionally, the sound utilizes all 9 speakers of my Shaker Pro. I don't perceive any lag from the Nav. The maps seem to be up to date and of course displays restaurants, gas stations, hospitals, malls, etc. I haven't tried to upload any backround pictures yet, but it's possible those can be added to the SD card that pops out of the front of the unit....however, you'll have to do additional research to verify. No, you will not have to utilize the rear view camera unless you want to put it up front for a frontal view (don't ask me why you'd want to do that, but the possibilty is there nontheless). If you want a nav unit, this is the best thing going in my opinion....there is no other OEM style add in currently produced in the retail marketplace.

Good luck!

Jedi D.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Raxiom-GPS.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	226.1 KB
ID:	308794  

2014 Mustang GT Coupe Premium. Options include: California Special package, comfort package, navigation, glass roof, shaker pro system, 3.73 ratio limited slip axle, GT front grill/fogs, MGW race spec shifter, BBK X-Pipe, Corsa GT500 Quad Sport axle-back, Ford Racing ProCal tune. "If I wanted insane HP, I would have purchased a 2014 Shelby GT500!"

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome