Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 2013-14 Boss 302 front splitters- Ford Racing
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-10-2014 Thread Starter
Cobrajet67
PONY Member
Mustang II Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
This does look a little steep for something so similar. However, we don't set the price on this item. Let me check with Ford Racing and see what we can come up with. Just from a basic parts count, you do get much more with the more expensive kit.

For $639 you get just the Splitter. For $1329 you get the Splitter, Lower grille insert, lower deflector, bumper beam bracket and fasteners.

I'll report back with what we here from Ford Racing!

-Dan
Actually, the cheaper kit gives you both the lower deflector and the splitter which are the 2 main parts of the kit. It says and shows that there are 2 parts to it.
I understand that American Muscle doesn't set the baseline price on Ford Racing parts but for $700 more it only shows that you get the $78 bracket, a plastic grill insert(supposedly for use when used with the optional Laguna Seca splitter), and about a dozen bolts worth maybe $10-$15. That means you are paying over $600 for a grill insert minus the bolts and bracket. I going to bet someone could order that grill insert at a Ford parts counter for far less than $600 since that's the only part that seems to hike up the price on the more expensive kit. It just seems very odd to me.
My theory is this kit was released when the 2013 first came out but now since there are so many other options in the aftermarket that the cheaper kit was made available to compete since no one seems to be buying a chin spoiler/splitter kit for a whopping $1329. Does my idea hold any water?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome