Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Aftermarket Amped Door Subwoofers Creates Awful Rattle
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2014 Thread Starter
Striker21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjracing View Post
honestly, i took them out when i did my system. i dont think that subs (especially amped) should be in doors. just too easy to rattle and cause annoying issues. in the trunk is best. i did new 5x7 door and deck speakers with a 4 channel and and self-powered 10" sub in the trunk. there is just no way to have a flimsy ford door not rattle with good amped subs.
I do eventually plan to add a powered 12" in the trunk just don't have the money right now. I also planned on getting a kenwood nav unit to replace the shaker along with a four channel for the speakers. Starting to think I dreamed a bit too big for all the plastics in the car. So once I get the the trunk sub, which will be my next step, I'll turn the gain down on the door subs and for now If anyone has any suggestions on the door rattle go ahead and please let me know. I plan on ripping them apart yet again this weekend to try and pinpoint the exact source.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome