post #20 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2014 Thread Starter
Cobrajet67
PONY Member
Mustang II Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonyZ View Post
If you don't find the paint code you are looking for (which i doubt exist) they could do some some spray out cards to see how flat you want it.
A paint code or number exists for everything that is painted on or in a car from the factory. Do you think they just wing it? That would never fly at any factory and definitely won't work for me now. Everything is mixed exactly when any part on the car is painted from Ford or any other manufacturer. The Ford dealer told me to call the body department on Monday for the exact code.
The spray card idea is a good one but I'm not going to be there whenever they get around to spraying it. Even if they had samples laying around it wouldn't do me any good since I won't have the car there either since I'm just dropping off the spoiler and side scoops(getting sprayed the body color) to them in my Sport Trac and picking them up when done to install myself.
I also think that it's just easier to tell them what Dupont code to paint it so there is no confusion or mistake.

Last edited by Cobrajet67; 02-16-2014 at 12:01 AM. Reason: sentence structure

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome