post #15 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2014
RoboStang
GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobrajet67 View Post
Right now, I simply don't want to spend much on a stereo other than the door panels which I am getting no matter what since I hate the plain stock Base panels so much. The door subs provide two functions for me: better bass and they make the panels look less featureless and boring. I am considering some used stock stereo parts if I can easily upgrade it to the Shaker 500 which is why I need to know what exactly makes up the Shaker 500 vs. the Base system.
I should also mention that I'm by no means a novice to stereos or aftermarket systems. I've installed a few in my cars myself 100% on multiple occasions. Amps, subs, amp wiring, component speakers, etc, are all quite familiar to me. I used to sell and install home and car audio for a living.
Does anyone know for sure if the Shaker amp or amps are in the stock head unit or if they are externally mounted? If they are externally located outside of the stock stereo then where are they mounted? Are the top door speakers the same on the Base and Shaker 500 and if not what is different about them?
Not sure about the 2014 but the Shaker 500 amp is located behind the drivers side kick panel on the 2012. I would start by looking there.

2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome