Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - When a Shelby isnt a Shelby: 2016 Shelby GT350
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-04-2014
PW_Pony
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not the Stig View Post
I received my April 2014 edition of Car and Driver the other day. This issue has the "25 cars worth waiting for" feature. Number 15 is the 2016 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350. C&D says this car is a creation of Ford's SVT group, not Shelby.

The article goes on to ask why Ford isn't going to name it a Cobra or Boss or Mach, C&D's answer- "because Ford can charge more for the Shelby name."

I've seen threads and posts on this site with people flaming others for their "Tribute" cars and others putting Shelby/Roush/Saleen badges on cars not built/massaged by said company. Now we can add Ford Motor Company to the list of poseurs. I really hope this turns out to be incorrect, but I wouldn't be surprised if Ford did this so they could charge more money for this model.
I'm really kinda sad that Shelby America won't be producing them anymore. Glad I got to see a 2012 GT350 in person.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

| 2012 | Base | Performance White | 3.7 | MT82 | 2.73 | FRPP Sport Axlebacks | BMR lcas on the way

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome