Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Another ADS/Maestro Kenwood Install
View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 03-09-2014
5.0_SD
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by My3rdPony View Post
Thanks 5.0. Couple more questions if you don't mind.

1) Do you wish you would have gotten a different Kenwood deck with the knob (like the DNX690HD?) Wondering about effectiveness of touch screen control when on the road (sucks in a cockpit - tried that).

Hard to say...but I do not regret getting the one I have...all in all a great unit. Being on the road and having to do adjustments is what you have to do with any aftermarket unit I would think. I'm always
messing with the EQ trying to get the best sound per song, lol.

2) Do you think the reduction in control-ability of the HVAC is worth the other functions added by the install?

Most definitely...I didn't have navigation before...I didn't have HD radio before.

3) What's the SVTP forum? Not familiar with that.

I don't think I can post a link...just google svtperformance forum...it's another mustang forum...pretty big one like here.

It sounds like the Sync integration is pretty amazing.

Thanks again.
My response in red. Pics of my stuff are in my post on page 2 in this thread.

1997 Pacific Green Mustang Cobra...long gone
2014 GT SGM Track Pack 6MT, Recaro's, JLT Catchcan, Kenwood DNX890HD, Maestro MUS1, Maestro RR iDataLink, 2-JL 10W1V3, 4-JL C2570X, JL XD6006, Custom Sub Enclosure
Not yet installed: ARH LT's, Borla OAP's, Borla S, a crap-ton of BMR stuff when they are ready, Forgestar F14's or CF-5's, some form of Coil Overs

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome