Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Another ADS/Maestro Kenwood Install
View Single Post
post #20 of (permalink) Old 03-19-2014 Thread Starter
ChiZ_65
GT Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

5.0_SD pretty much answered everything. The clock is small on the head-unit (wish it was up on the factory LCD)...And it is tough sometimes manipulating the climate controls when driving. You have to continually tap the "<" or ">" buttons on the screen in order for the climate to change for colder or warm. It'd be way easier if you could just hold them down, or put your finger on the actual temperature bar and drag it back and forth to the temperature you want. Knobs are way easier to be honest and I kinda wish I had them....The GPS is awesome. The CD player and EQ equalizer are great. This radio has a great sound to it. The HD radio option is kind of crappy though. I used that crab adapter to hook it up to my stock antenna and the radio gets bad reception. Worse than stock. I have a shorty antenna but that never affected the stock head unit.

My DNX890HD is a refurbished model. If you see my earlier posts, I had some issues and I'm on my second one. Well, yesterday I had a bit of a scare. The touch screen froze on me just like my previous unit was doing. I turned the car on, it would power up, radio would kick on, but then the screen was unresponsive. The volume buttons unresponsive. Only the power button worked (radio was still playing). Every time I restarted the unit the same thing would happen. Screen would freeze after 20 seconds or so of being on. I even reset the unit, but the same thing happened. So, I drove to the grocery store and went shopping. Came out, turned the car on, and the radio was fine. Didn't freeze and I could navigate through everything.... .....I'm pretty close to pulling the plug on this whole thing and installing my stock equipment.

-2011 GT , 6AT, ROUSH TVS 2300 Phase 3 Supercharger w/ CAI, 82mm Pully, 3.73 FRPP Gears, Bassani Longtubes, Bassani HiFlo Cats., Bassani Cat-Back Xhaust, Eibach Pro Suspension, J&M Panhard bar, BMR LCAs, BRENSPEED Tuned...(More in profile)
-1965 Fastback "A-Code" 2+2 , 289 4bbl Edlebrock Performance, Ravin Exhaust..
-1970 BOSS 302 - Dearborn built, Numbers matching 302 engine bored .030 over and stroked to 331. Grabber Blue

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome