Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Another ADS/Maestro Kenwood Install
View Single Post
post #22 of (permalink) Old 03-21-2014
5.0_SD
Apprentice

I echo what Chiz_65 says...the design of the climate control functionality (or disfunctionality) is pretty bad. Having to tap tap tappy sucks, and sometimes it misses a tap! The clock is a little annoying but I'm hoping that part gets fixed in an upcoming firmware update (meaning show it on the upper stock display). You can change a setting somewhere for the HD radio to be analog or something like that...I can't remember where that setting is but it helped my radio station reception quite a bit. I too had it freeze on me once and do the hot air thing once. I also agree that the navigation is really good, the gauge functionality I don't use much, but when I do, it is really nice having that (especially being able to see exact numbers instead of a stick in a range and also seeing individual tire pressure numbers is awesome).

But, after all that, I would NOT go back to stock...the sound and all the other goodies are just so much better with the Kenwood/Maestro/JL stuff in there and out weigh the couple of drawbacks.

ChiZ...stick it out bro, I think once you have all the little bugs worked out you will begin to love the Kenwood/Maestro. It did take me a little while to get used to things and I too felt for a minute there that I should not have gone down the aftermarket sound system road...but I'm glad I did now (other than it taking away, money wise) from doing other mods!).

1997 Pacific Green Mustang Cobra...long gone
2014 GT SGM Track Pack 6MT, Recaro's, JLT Catchcan, Kenwood DNX890HD, Maestro MUS1, Maestro RR iDataLink, 2-JL 10W1V3, 4-JL C2570X, JL XD6006, Custom Sub Enclosure
Not yet installed: ARH LT's, Borla OAP's, Borla S, a crap-ton of BMR stuff when they are ready, Forgestar F14's or CF-5's, some form of Coil Overs

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome